Friday, December 3, 2010

I hate you, University Park.

Dear University Park,

I think you are very rude for towing my car tonight. Why, you ask? Well, I will tell you...in list form.

1. There are no signs (except a very small one at only one side of the main entrance of the entire development, made up of a million little parking lots). So there was no way of knowing that my car did, in fact, get towed. And that is stupid.

2. Why would UP residents, considering they are ALL students at SU, NOT be allowed to have visitors after 5pm? Ever heard of study groups? You're stupid.

3. You saw the SU parking permit on my car. Therefore, you know I am an SU student. With that being said, why would you tow me? I live 15 minutes from campus...how am I supposed to get home (you apparently don't want me visiting, but it's not like I have a way of getting back to my home, so maybe you'd rather me stay forever)?

4. To lead off of that one, I have class tomorrow at 9am. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET TO CLASS? Maybe you would rather us all fail. Yeah, that would be awesome. It's my worst class, too...one I cannot miss. But you don't care. You should also know that your lovely towing company doesn't open until 9am. I guess they like to be lazy in the mornings and just make us (diligent college students) wait until they are ready.
But if their main priority is to tow the cars of college students (which obviously it is...if it wasn't, there would be more signs...because people at UP ALWAYS have visitors), you'd think they would have the decency to open before classes start in the morning.

5. $150. Really? I mean, seriously...really? That is just stupid. I did nothing to you. But I bet you guys are making a killing off of us poor college students.

6. What is wrong with just ticketing us? You have to go and TOW us? Again, how are we supposed to even KNOW that we got towed?! It's not like you can leave a note. And, again, you have no signs...so no phone number...no name...no nothing. So, we wander around for a while until we are directed to your little house thing where the leaders of the pack are.

7. And the campus police suck. Or the Salisbury police...or whoever they are. They have no care in the world. Two girls crying in the lobby because their cars got towed and they have no way home (the girls' friend, who they were visiting, has no car there, so she also was not able to know that these girls' cars would get towed)...but it's okay, they're cops. They can do whatever they want. Right? Isn't that how it works?
There were seriously like 4 or 5 of them just there, talking to each other without a care in the world. You could offer to take us home...since that's your job and everything. You're supposed to make sure that SU students are safe. But I guess they forgot to actually tell you that part.

8. Where are visitors supposed to park? Oh, we find out that they are supposed to park on some street way off that we didn't even know existed...and then said visitors are supposed to walk to UP. Even if they're handicapped? Yep, apparently so. Isn't that AWESOME? Yeah, I thought so, too.
So, yes, vulnerable college students are supposed to walk...through the crime-filled streets of Salisbury...in the dark...in the middle of the night...to visit their friends in UP...even if they are studying or something...and then walk back to their cars...through the crime-filled streets of Salisbury...in the dark...in the middle of the night...to go home.

You know what? Fine. I hope I get shot or robbed or something so I can sue you for all that it's worth. You are ridiculous. And I don't like to use the word "hate," but I am seriously on the verge of needing to use it...because this is just stupid. And it really ticks me off!

Love,
Your obviously biggest fan,
Anjoli.

P.S. If you didn't notice the sarcasm in my salutation there, you should know that I really didn't mean any of the "love" or "biggest fan" parts.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Anjoli.. this is sad and stupid! Who on earth would do this to you?! Give me their address and I will get the car back MYSELF! ha but I hope that you are okay, even though this blog is very depressing to me because you are upset. I hope that you are alright.. And yes, police are just dumb in general! I mean, I heard a story of one time a guy saw a drug deal in the woods, and the two guys doing the drug deal saw the guy, and was shooting at him! The guy went to the police and they said "Well, they could have just been practicing their shooting range on trees or something" and they did NOTHING! Absolutely nothing!! The police are no help to you when you need them, but when you don't need them, they are everywhere and they offer help! what losers! Hey Mr. Policeman, how about you get off your doughnot glazed butt and quit talking about how attractive that girl looked in that halloween outfit and do something! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Canaan! I feel really bad for the guy you know who had that situation with the cops...that's much worse than our situation! I can't believe that no charges were pressed for that. I would be livid!! And I would want to sue the police department, quite honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! And me neither, it'serrible! Yeah, me too! Is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete