Tuesday, September 7, 2010

H-Town, how I love thee

Let's see...what do I miss about Hagerstown (Did I just say "miss" and "Hagerstown" in the same sentence? Oh, dear...)?

I know this is going to make me sound incredible lame, but I totally miss nighttime Walmart adventures. There is just nothing like grabbing a friend and driving to Walmart in the middle of the night just to get a pizza (Walmart specific pizza, to be exact) and oddly flavored juice (blue juice that is actually citrus-flavored?) to go with your movie, which is almost always "Matilda" or an animated children's movie of sorts.Oh, is this not normal to you? Hmmm...maybe I'm mistaken. It's normal to me.
P.S. All the Walmarts here already have the updates the H-town one is currently undergoing...so if you want any hints on how it's going to look, I can tell you so you don't have to be left wondering. Yes, I know it totally bothers you that you don't know what Walmart is going to look during your next visit.

I miss seeing cows in the middle of the road and "Missing Pig" signs (marked "Do not eat it"). These are getting closer to the Clear Spring end of Hagerstown though.

And then there's Uncle Louie G's Italian Ice. I don't know how many people have actually been there, but it is so good that I never even think about Rita's anymore. "Hey, wanna go to Rita's?" "Ummm, no, I don't like Rita's. Let's visit my favorite uncle." Ok, he's not my real uncle and I am not Italian, but I would gladly claim this man as my biological relative if it meant Italian ice for the rest of my life.

I miss drives. At night. With amazing people. Blaring country music (I like country music...go ahead and make your comments). And sticking my head out the window. Oh, and kidnapping my sister from her boyfriend's house, tying her up in the back of the car (stopping so Joey can make sure we have on our seatbelts), and pushing her out of the car onto her boyfriend's front yard as I call said boyfriend with a manly voice...just to watch him come running after me with a paintball gun.

I miss my mommy and daddy. Dude, getting locked out of my house or my car was a lot more reasonable when my parents were there to save me. Not to mention they are just wicked awesome parents.

Guns. 4-wheelers. Dirtbikes. Anything fun and outdoors-ish. That stuff isn't too common out here. It was nice to walk out my door with my dad and just go shoot in the woods...or go 4-wheeling with friends...or learn to drive a dirtbike in the BCA parking lot.

And swinging. I just love playgrounds and parks and swinging. I was told there is a park here somewhere and I don't know where it is or if it's a fun park, but I am bound and determined to hunt it down and force it to be my new best friend. I will find a swingset...hopefully I won't have to break into a fenced elementary school playground and get arrested or something in the process.

And all of you. Come on, guys! You KNOW I miss you. I miss everything about you...we've had some good times in good ol' H-town. Nothing can replace those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment