Friday, September 10, 2010

Questions for the modern world of music-listeners and dancers

I have a couple questions for you people who are not behind on the times like me...and for you people who are just more informed on things like this.

1. What the heck does "dougie" mean? "Teach me to dougie" is what I hear...someone please explain to me what that is. It does not make any sense. I think it is a kind of dance. If this is true, who suddenly decided it was going to be this cool dance to do? It's like "jerk" or the "stanky leg" or whatever you people do these days (I don't even know I'm referring to those correctly)! I mean...what are these things and why are they cool? I'm confused. And completely challenged in the realm of dancing.

2. This stupid "Love the Way You Lie" song that you people all love. I don't get it. First of all, I don't like when people lie...and I surely don't love it. And I'm pretty sure that song is about a guy abusing his wife and then getting mad because she wants to leave and deciding he's going to tie her up and burn the house...then watch her burn as she cries. So, why do you people obsess over this song and quote it all the time?

3. Why are songs appealing to you when they talk about sex? All these stupid lyrics about what you guys want to do to the girl in the club and how sexually attracted you are to her. Not to say that only male artists sing songs like that...just my example. I just think they are disgusting. I think sex itself sounds gross though, so maybe I am more inclined to think in that direction. Any thoughts here?

I'm interested in your responses, so bring it on now.

10 comments:

  1. All those things are gross to what you just listed. Ewwy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No IDEA what dougie means lol. It sounds amusing though. I am not into dancing or anything at all so ..uhhh ew either way.

    2. I enjoy the song (not for the meaning behind the song obviously) but IF you take the lyrics out of context they can work. The song is catchy!

    3. I'll listen to anything pretty much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. kelly, i know you want william burn down your apartment building so you can move...that's why you listen to it...you do it to give him ideas. yes, i have figured you out, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. William and I have discussed the best way to burn it down as well as the best place for me to be tied up for the most dramatic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i vote the kitchen. at least you will have food. or you could be in the oven and the news reports could have hansel and gretel headlines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mwahhaha that could be amusing! Maybe a trail of red hots to the door too!! ;)


    (I am seriously amused that I just explained in full detail what I really think on facebook to you lol)

    Not so much on here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, yes. your serious thoughts were, indeed, communicated to me though...and i'm the one who wanted to know anyway, so that's what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete